Having a LIVE broadcast chat with someone on a social media platform can be a daunting experience at the best of times. At MMFH we’ve come up with some practical tips to help you feel prepared and get the most out of the experience 🙂
- Tripod – make sure your camera or filming device is on a tripod or a firm flat surface. This gives you 2 hands free to demo… or sit on 😉
- Lighting – any light should be in front or slightly to the side of you. A light behind you will create a backlit silhouette… spooky!
- Products – have a selection of products ready to showcase. It’s ideal to have them on a shelf or wall behind you and some ready to grab and bring closer to the camera.
- Script – If you get tongue-tied write down a handful of bullet-points to help you remember.
- Open our broadcast when we go live on @MakersMarketFromHome and click ‘Request to Join’ as soon as you enter the room.
- Smile – people love to see the maker behind the brand. If in doubt, if it’s all going wrong, if you are simply terrified… smile! People love to be smiled at and they will all be smiling back at you 🙂
Our LIVE market day chats, #MiddayMakers and #MMFHShowAndTell chats last about 10mins. The live chats are what we call a Who/What/How opportunity for makers:
- Who? – tell us who you are and where you are from.
- What? – show 1 or 2 products – talk about ethos/price/postage etc.
- How? – how can customers they can contact & purchase from you?
Most importantly, it’s completely normal to feel nervous about this new experience. Think of it like bungee jumping… you’ll probably feel amazing after you have done it 🙂